Monday, August 16, 2004

Handhelds and Blogging

As I am gearing up for the new school year, I am exploring how blogging can be used with a new class set of Tungsten C handhelds. I have created this blog to test out blogging before school begins.

In particular I am interested in the use of the comments to communicate and share information with students. I have just changed my comment settings so anyone can post comments. This will be helpful when I am doing professional development with different groups of teachers. I did like the option though to limit who can post. One of the features to select is only making posting of questions available to people associated with the blog. I can also hide comments until they are read.

I am having trouble viewing my blog in the browser on the Tungsten, the text does not fit on the screen making it challenging to read. I can hot sync it and go through AvantGo, but then students need to hot sync to post information. AvantGo reformats the page to fit the handheld screen, making it very easy to read.

More as I explore.

No comments: